Snack time has gotten to be pretty boring around here. I am sort of in a rut and snacks seem to be replacing meals lately. I am in desperate need of some snacks that are:
1. Healthy
2. Easy
3. Filling
I have said this before and I will say it again: Some of my FAVORITE recipes come directly from the packaging from a product. Today, I discovered a new great recipe on the back of a yogurt container. The recipe for Frozen Yoganas caught my eye, but the instructions were pretty vague. So I did what any resourceful person would do. I googled it. I found a better recipe for frozen yogana bites here.
You need: Bananas cut up into desired size
Yogurt, any flavor
Cereal, pick your favorite
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spoon yogurt(I used vanilla) into a shallow dish. Pour cereal(I used rice crispies) into another shallow dish. Peel and cut bananas.
2. Coat bananas in yogurt. Then dip the yogurt covered banana into the cereal. Shake off any excess cereal.
3. Place on cookie sheet and freeze.
I was so excited because I thought that the boys would LOVE these and I also thought that it was easy enough to make so they could help me. It turns out that it IS easy and messy enough for them to help, but they could not stop eating the yogurt long enough to help me.
I think that this is a great snack for everyone(including Mommies). Plus, I think that you could really go crazy with different combinations of fruit, yogurt, and cereal.
What are your favorite healthy snacks?
YUM!!! Thank you SO much for sharing!! I am so sick of goldfish and cheddar bunnies... I'll give this recipe a try!! Also--look into making your own "fruit leather". I'll try to dig up my recipe... it basically consists of pureeing dried fruit (we did apricots), adding some water to smooth it out, spreading it into a thin layer on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and baking it for a long time on a low temp (several hours) until it sets. I love your ideas--thank you for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteYummy! I would love to make that. I think that the boys would like this recipe better if I did not freeze the bananas. It was too hard for them to eat it (I liked it though) I think that I am going to try it using strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries since I am not going to freeze it. Hope you all are doing well!
ReplyDeleteYUM--such a great idea!!! THANKS! I have nothing in return---'snacks' in this house still come from the milk lady or in the form of puffs...and more of those get donated to the floor than actually in the mouth! ;)
ReplyDeleteIt was great seeing Matt this weekend--hopefully soon it'll be the whole gang!!!