Friday, December 11, 2009

Rocky Start

A few months back I joined a MOMS group.  It has been a great experience for my boys and I.  I was so excited when I saw that we were going to go on a tour of the Fire Department.  Brennan and Braxton LOVE anything that has wheels, so I thought that this would be a dream come true for them. 
Boy, was I wrong....AGAIN.  It started out fine.   We walked into the garage filled with emergency vehicles. Fireman James gave them each a helmet and a badge.  Brennan was proud to sport his, but Braxton started crying (refer to previous post for the type of outburst).    Another Mom to Colton and Brennan to listen to the presentation.  I tried to take Brax to the hall, but we could not get out of the garage.  Who knew you needed a code to get out of the garage?  A wonderful woman that worked in the office let us out.  She tried to give Brax some cookies to calm down.  He declined. I don't think that he will take food from strangers:)  It quickly became clear that I was going to have to leave the Fire Department.  Leaving made Brennan cry.   Luckily, Colton remained pleasant through the whole ordeal.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up with you guys (again)....I laughed out loud at the santa/chuck e cheese reference with the T-rex....guess becoming a fire fighter is off the table when Braxton grows up! I'm still impressed you even make it out of the house...

    ReplyDelete