Thursday, February 25, 2010

To say that we got off to a rough start yesterday is an understatement.  Brennan and Braxton decided that it was going to be "one of those days" when they woke up....at 6:07 am.   Their new thing is to come into our room and announcing "I awake".  They crawl into our bed and watch some cartoons.  Today, they did not want Mommy to watch cartoons with them.  They made this awful, toddler whining noise "No Mommy.  Get out."  No problem,  I thought.  I would take this time to grab a cup of coffee and check some email...

They seemed to snap out of it...a little.  The whining continued throughout the morning (I don't do whining) and Braxton had a few time outs.   We played until nap time.  They always seem to find some trouble when they are supposed to be taking a nap.  Today was no different.  It appears that I will be replacing library book...Great.  

They woke up from their nap crabbier and whinier then they were before.  Which resulted in more time outs and a headache for Mommy.  Bath time seemed to turn things around!  We came down stairs for a snack and Backyardigans ( I love that show).  Finally, it was bed time.  I decided that I was going to go to bed too, or at least watch the rest of American Idol in bed.  About 45 minutes later, I hear my door push open a little farther.  At first, I thought it was Buckeye, but then I see this little face smiling at me.  "Mommy, I awake" says Brax.  It was so cute I just wanted to scoop him up and bring him into bed.  I decided that would be a BAD habit to get into.  So I scooped him up and put him in his bed.  

It is amazing how kids can make forget a whole day of whining and chaos with one little action, look or comment.  Here is to a better today!

By the way,  Colton had a WONDERFUL day yesterday.  He woke up at 8.  Went down for a nap  from 10-1:30.  He was playful and happy all day until went to bed at 6:20pm.  That little guy keeps me sane!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it! I still don't know how you do it with all three boys--you must sleep really really well at night :) Good thing their cute, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH-so sweet!!! I know the point of your story isn't about how sweet they were that particular day, but when it's not you....it sounds so sweet! ha!

    ReplyDelete