Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blindex

A few months back, I ran out of Windex and I decided that I would make my own rather than buy some more.  I googled "homemade Windex" and found a TON of recipes for homemade cleaners. I found my recipe at RecipeZaar.com  Matt told me that I couldn't call my concoction Windex because it was a brand, so I decided that I would call it "Blindex".   

1/2 cup ammonia
2 cups rubbing alcohol
1 tsp. dish soap

Mix them all in a gallon jug and add up to a gallon of water.  I bought empty spray bottles from Walmart or Target.

It is easy and inexpensive to make.  I think that it works really well (especially on stainless steel).  I use it pretty much everywhere.  Since it contains alcohol it disinfects.  I might add some essential oil in my next batch to give it a scent.

I have made laundry detergent too.  It is ok, but I am going back to store bought stuff once I use it all up.

1 comment: